Solar Civil Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH111416
Location: USA, Arizona, Scottsdale
Sector: Solar, Renewables
Salary: US$80000 - US$120000 per annum
Date posted: 09/08/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client, an established leader in Solar engineering, procurement and construction, are seeking a Civil Engineer to join their Scottsdale operations!
This is a very rewarding role, providing you with about 30% travel to site-prep for their projects nationwide, offering an exciting bonus plan, stock options, profit sharing, 401k, all medical benefits, and endless career advancement opportunities!
Our clients focus is on safety, teamwork and environmental responsibility. This takes talented and motivated individuals to help make solar energy a paramount part of our worlds energy resources!
Your responsibilities are as follows, though not limited to:
1. Site prep design, and overseeing all civil pre-project activities
2. Establishing civil engineering deliverable in coordination with other engineering disciplines
3. Managing subcontractors on a national scale - ensuring the completion of grading/erosion control plans, hydrology reports, construction specifications, etc.
4. Site visits and evaluations
5. Providing customers, project managers, and upper management with project reports to ensure transparency
6. Reviewing grading and drainage plans, as well as geotechnical reports - analyzing areas for improvement while monitoring budgetary measures and process improvement
7. Ensuring you are compliant with permitting regulations for the given geographical area
8. Assisting in close-out activities, ensuring you are within time-scales and budget
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
5+ years of civil engineering, design and or large-scale construction experience
Grading and drainage design, as well as hydrology fundamentals
Experience with geotechnical foundations and structures
Open for 25% travel
Ideally, anyone with civil design experience within solar projects is highly preferred. Especially with civil experience within a Solar EPC. Professional Engineering (PE) license is also preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to grow within an organization. Do you meet the qualifications and are you up for the challenge? If so, we're happy to set up a time to discuss in further detail!
Only those candidates who meet the requirements and currently reside in the United States with eligibility to work in the United States will be contacted.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office