Solar Construction Manager
Summary: A leading Developer, EPC, and Operations & Maintenance Provider of solar photovoltaic (PV) projects for commercial clients is seeking a Solar Project Manager to manage projects in the Midwest region of the U.S. Ideal candidates will have experience with contract management, pre-development, engineering design, equipment selection, and community solar/commercial scale solar construction management.
- Design review of electrical plans, specifications, calculations, and studies
- Independent review of testing, commissioning and QA/QC documentation
- Construction management of multiple projects; provide timely client communications
- Executing project scope items, anticipating project issues, developing appropriate resolutions, conducting site visits, inspections and construction monitoring
- Support vendor selection, procurement process, permitting submission, and submission of interconnection applications
- Support preparation of contracts and purchase orders with outside vendors for the supply of materials and services
- Provide inspection, installation support, commissioning, and troubleshooting in the field
Required Qualifications, Experience, Education & Licensure:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or construction management preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the design, construction and operations of distributed ground mount photovoltaic systems.
- Background in community solar and/or commercial solar construction management
- 30 Hour OSHA
Location: Will be based in Chicago. Candidates must be in proximity or willing to relocate. Travel: Required to travel to sites in Illinois as needed
Pay: Competitive base salary + benefits and bonuses
If this sounds like you, please apply or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Solar Construction Manager Applicant". Suitable candidates will be contacted via phone call. Thank you!
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.