POSITION: Developer (exempt, full time)
DEPARTMENT: Solar Development
REPORTS TO: Director, Solar Development
Our client is an established and rapidly growing renewable energy company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with additional offices in San Francisco, Long Beach, Richmond, Spotsylvania and New York. We seek a
Developer for the Solar Development group with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in the areas of land use
and/or renewable energy facility development. Duties will include greenfield development of utility-scale solar
power generation facilities. This may include public outreach efforts, environmental support, contractor
coordination , engineering analysis, negotiating with AHJs, landowner negotiations, and supporting ongoing
power marketing efforts. The successful candidate will have the aptitude to succeed in managing multiple
projects and supporting business development efforts for the fastest growing utility-scale independent power
producer in the nation.
* Exceptional organizational, communication, decision making/problem solving, analytical and time
* Independent thinker, able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
* Proven ability to produce error-free work under deadline.
* Team player with strong initiative, able to work autonomously to complete tasks.
* Track record of ability to instill confidence as a credible, reliable and expert support resource for team
members in technical matters.
* Passion for the renewable energy industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Developer will work alongside a team of technical experts leading to the successful execution and
delivery/hand-off of new solar projects to the Project Management and Construction Management
Teams. Specific duties will include:
* Create and manage detailed budgets and schedules for the project development team.
* Manage project financial model.
* Engage community, local and state institutions for project support and sPower brand development.
* Establish outreach programs and assist in event management, community initiatives, and conflict
* Assist in the preparation of permit applications for new and acquired solar facilities across multiple
local, state, and federal jurisdictions.
* Identify and implement novel mitigation strategies to reduce project cost and impact.
* Review project site plans for adherence to AHJ requirements and land use approvals.
* Managing contractors, vendors, and consultants to maintain project timeline and budget.
* Draft original text for use in project origination support, public education, and investor reporting
* Negotiate tax abatements, land use agreements, mitigation settlements, and various other agreements
* Provide ongoing support to the Project Management and Structured Finance teams, as required,
throughout the construction process.
* Assist with permitting and environmental compliance throughout the construction and operation of
* Communicate and coordinate with project offtakers.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
* Knowledge of solar renewable energy construction process; real estate development; renewable energy
projects/assets evaluation and acquisition.
* Project and case management skills including a strong aptitude for managing and prioritizing multiple
projects and deadlines.
* Ability to communicate efficiently in verbal and written correspondence.
* Microsoft Office, project management software.
* BA/BS degree.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
* This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
* Approximately 50%
* Commensurate with experience; competitive