Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH106558
Location: England, London
Sector: Solar, Renewables
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Additional Benefits
Date posted: 21/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is one of the UK's most recognised market leaders across financial services, healthcare and energy and are looking to hire a highly skilled Solar Engineer within their Solar Asset Management team to drive performance from a large portfolio of Solar Farms in the UK, Italy and France.
The Solar Engineer will report to the Technical Director and will work closely with the Solar Investment and Asset Management teams responsible for growing and managing the portfolio.
Solar Engineer duties and responsibilities;
* Advise and sign-off/be accountable for all technical and operational issues from pre-acquisition, through the construction and operation of the solar plant life-cycle.
* Take particular pride in improving the operational and financial performance of the assets.
* Some travel to site, primarily in the UK and Italy as well as occasional travel to Spain to visit subcontractors.
* Be embedded within the Solar Asset Management team to manage all solar technical issues and drive performance of the assets. This will include making recommendations for value or performance enhancements.
* Support Commercial Asset Managers to ensure PAC/IAC/FAC is completed and maximum value is extracted from EPC contractors.
* Be able to challenge Technical Advisors on Technical Due Diligence reports including, but not limited to; PVSyst Yield Assumptions, Punch List Items, plant improvements and operational efficiencies.
* Sign-off and project manage all aspects of construction management, including; quality, timeliness, budget control and ensuring HSE requirements (including CDM requirements) are met and adhered to.
Solar Engineer desired experience;
* Involvement in managing Engineering, Procurement and Construction as well as contracts management, including health and safety and claims management for on-going Operations.
* Experience assessing technical reports and have an excellent understanding of the factors that impact performance and performance measurement of solar farms.
* A good understanding of the technologies and systems used to assess and enhance plant performance.
* Comfortable interpreting engineering drawings, specifications, procedures, permits and tender documents as well as contracts commercials, cash flows, invoicing, cost control and risk analysis and mitigations.
* An excellent communicator at all levels, particularly when translating technical information for non-technical teams.
For more information about this role please contact our London office