Spencer Ogden is currently hiring for a Senior Solar installer to act as a site lead for one of our clients in a full time position in Lancaster, CA.
(Client) is an established and rapidly growing renewable energy company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with additional offices in San Francisco, Long Beach and Richmond. The (Client) Operations team is looking for a seasoned Site Lead Solar Technician with field experience, this individual would play a pivotal role in ensuring that (Client) operates the portfolio to standards that exceed industry best-practice. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have the ability to build, train and lead other field personnel. As (Client) grows to become one of the leading IPPs in the industry, this role will provide an unparalleled opportunity for growth.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership and responsibility for all operations and maintenance for a 54MW-DC Utility scale solar plant in Lancaster, CA.
- Performs corrective, preventive, and emergency maintenance and operations for which they are qualified to safely and efficiently perform.
- Performs other technical and administrative duties associated with operating and maintaining a power facility
- Ensures work is performed in accordance with Environmental and Safety requirements;
- Performs work independently and/or in work crews.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Proven experience with a multitude of electrical/construction projects and knowledge of basic IT equipment.
- Plan and execute on vegetation mitigation plans including running tractors, riding mowers, and other Vegetation maintenance equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair PV Solar systems including trackers, inverters, and other balance of system equipment.
- Understanding of general workplace safety and the ability to follow safety standards as well as help he company improve upon the standards in place.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, cross-functional and geographically diverse organization.
- Maturity, professionalism and excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with superiors and colleagues.
- High-energy, developed interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to synthesize complex analysis, approach new challenges with creativity and summarize information in a manner that supports key decision makers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in research, highly technical equipment and engineering.
- Excellent hands on abilities with strong technical skills.
- Ability to operate personal computer with technical proficiency of standard business software.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations.
- Demonstrates proactive enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company.
- Maintains a current level of professional knowledge.
- Focuses on personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals.
- Communicates openly and honestly, does not engage in gossip.
- Models professional behaviors of conduct and decorum.
- Is a strong team player and willing to assist others when necessary and appropriate.
- Basic knowledge of operational characteristics of equipment and associated control devices installed in power facilities.
- Possess 2 year technical degree or equivalent Journeyman qualifications or experience.
- Six (6) or more years' experience in a power plant or in other technical trades. Three (3) or more years' experience in PV Solar O*M or construction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical or mechanical fundamentals (single craft journeyman skills) such as electrical measurements, control circuits, and solid state theory application.
- Normal plant and/or office environment, including working at heights, high/low ambient temperatures and high humidity areas.
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs and ladders, and entering plant equipment to access, inspect, or collect data on plant equipment.
- Requires use of wear personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.)
- May be required to work around rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and chemicals
- Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work overtime and non-standard working hours as required.
- Travel to sites outside area.
- Commensurate with experience; competitive.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.