Solution Architect -Networking
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH121891
Location: Republic of Ireland, Cork, Cork City
Sector: SMART Metering, Utilities
Date posted: 02/03/2018
Spencer Ogden are seeking an experienced Network Solution Architect based in Ireland
Our client are a global metering and solutions provider within the gas, electricity and water sectors. Their solutions help utilities manage and analyse energy usage within the industrial, commercial, residential and retail sectors.
Due to company growth they, are seeking a Network Solution Architect to join them on a permanent basis in Ireland. As the successful candidate you will provide design, consulting, and implementation services. You will be 'taking the reins' on multiple networking projects. These projects may include designing of green field solutions, performing installations or network refreshes; conducting knowledge transfers; identifying and resolving application or environmental issues and supporting as tier 2 to the organization. You will be part of a virtual global team.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and skill sets:
- Degree in Engineering
- Experienced with Cisco CCIE R/S
- Extensive knowledge and experience with routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) as well as HSRP/VRRP. Multicast IPv4 and IPv6 knowledge.
- Hands-on experience and expertise designing L2/L3 solutions with Cisco Nexus 5xxx/7xxx/9xxx/22xx series and Catalyst 3750-X/3850-X.
- Hands-on experience and expertise with Cisco Catalyst Switches 6xxx, 5xxx, 4xxx, 3xxx, RSM; Cisco Routers 7x00, 4x00, 3600, 2600, 2500, 1900, 800
- Experience implementing high bandwidth core server farms, and high-level knowledge of core server redundancy technologies and standards.
- Virtual networking knowledge with vSphere 5.x/6.x standard and distributed vSwitches and/or Cisco Nexus 1000V, Cisco ASR/CSR
- Fundamental SAN networking knowledge
- Networking to facilitate Cloud solutions, connectivity, security etc.(Azure)
- Ability to design and migrate from older multivendor environments
- Cisco ASA Firewalls and/or other vendor experience F5, Fortinet
- Extensive networking industry experience in handling various switched and routed data networks & protocols in a multi-platform environment with high availability
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in preparing proposals, reports, presentations and documentation.
- Ability to verbally translate and articulate complex technical issues for the advocacy of non-technical users.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits
For more information about this role please contact our London office