Sponsor Finance Associate - Technology
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH116867
Location: USA, California, Palo Alto
Sector: Technology, Application Services, Renewables
Date posted: 30/11/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Associate - Sponsor Finance team, which provides creative leveraged capital solutions to private equity clients in support of their investments in the technology sector.
The Associate will have experience in leveraged finance, investment banking and/or financial sponsor coverage. Your primary responsibilities will include underwriting and executing new transactions with a secondary focus on sponsor coverage and portfolio management. The Associate should exhibit the aptitude to eventually lead all aspects of the transaction execution process.
Main duties will include
Support deal team in business/industry/financial due diligence and develop detailed financial models.
* Prepare credit memoranda for SVB's credit committee.
* Coordinate with capital markets partners to syndicate transactions.
* Engage in deal documentation, including terms sheets and credit agreements.
* Monitor financial performance and covenant compliance for portfolio companies.
* Support Managing Directors in coverage of private equity clients
* Undergraduate degree demonstrating strong academic performance.
* Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience in leveraged finance, investment banking and/or sponsor finance with formal credit training a plus.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to lead simultaneous assignments and produce results in time-sensitive circumstances.
* Ability to take ownership of and drive processes, but also knows when to ask Vice Presidents for guidance.
* Ability to work collaboratively with members of the deal team and with third party constituencies.
* Ability to analyze data to support and improve business decisions.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.