Senior Business Development Representative
Location: Edison, New Jersey
Are you looking to get more exposure to senior leadership and create a bigger impact on your company? Do you feel like you've reached a career ceiling in your current role?
If so, this will be the perfect opportunity for you!
I'm currently working with an ENR Top 20 Full-Service Construction Firm who are establishing their presence in the Northeast. They are a national leader in complex construction specializing in highly technical projects including pharmaceutical manufacturing, server farms, hospitals, etc.
My client is headquartered on the West Coast where they have established strong relationships with various major Fortune 100 clients in the financial and health space. They've been able to leverage these relationships to establish a large national presence with the Northeast being a major focus moving forward. They are looking for an ambitious individual to join their young and growing Edison office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks and should have some exposure to our core markets.
- Share Core Market opportunities, trends and best practices
- Establish Sales Goals and identify Target Customers
- Identify Key Consultants/Trade Partners
- Competitor SWOT analysis and insights
- Develop Doer/Sellers in Core Markets
- Track/Report/Recalibrate Business Development Goals
- Establish & Track BD Budget
- Select Customer Appreciation Opportunities (Sports Tix, etc.)
- Participate in Weekly Business Development Meetings
- Share Info with Other Regions for National Customers
- Target National/Local Events for attendance & sponsorship
- Client Events at DPR offices - Marketing, getting the right who's, follow-up
- Engage and lead the Regional Core Market Group
- Customer Capture Tools
- Decision Makers & Influencers & Current Events
- 'Zipper' with Target Customers and shed Bad Customers
- Analyze Red Zone Characteristics
- GM Analysis (Customer History)
- Customer Info in Pipeline
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Marketing Strategy for new clients and connections with other offices
- Customer Data Mining
- Differentiators Worksheet (Customer Specific)
- Opportunities to Win Without Competition or Influence the RFP
- Target Customer Events (Instructional Opportunities & Fun Events)
- Go/No Go Analysis of Pursuits
- Challenger Sale Strategies
- Commercial Insight and Consensus Sales
- Drive Project Capture Tool Discussion
- Identify DPR Pursuit Team Early RFP & Interview
- Identify Proposal Lead, then provide content and proof Proposal Content
- Differentiators Worksheet (Project Specific)
- Develop Proposal Theme (using CCT and PCT)
- GM Calculator (Project Specific)
- Post GM Calculator, Differentiators Worksheet, Proposal Response and Interview Presentations in Pipeline
- Quality control of all marketing pieces that go out
Negotiating, Closing, Post-Pursuit
- Interview Follow Up - Questions left unanswered, additional insights
- Identify Concession Strategy
- Post Mortem Reasons for Win or Loss
- Customer Follow Up for Team Performance
- Update Pipeline (Team, Description, Budget, Post Mortem, etc.)
- Schedule CSS Reviews
- Help Identify Newsworthy Stories on projects
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Positive reputation within industry.
- Passion around our Core Markets
- Existing network.
- External ambassador at industry events.
- Proven history of success.
- 3+ years of experience within the Construction and/or Insurance Industry.
- A strong work ethic and a "can-do" attitude.
- This position is salaried.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.