The ideal candidate will manage one or more projects at any given time, while leading a team through the life cycle of the projects. The candidate will complete a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline while coordinating with other disciplines to complete projects.
- Plans, assigns, coordinates and supervises the work of an assigned team engaged in the electrical engineering for large industrial projects in midstream gas processing, petroleum refining, petrochemical, and upstream oil & gas industries
- Develop, review, and approve scopes of work and prepares detail design milestones, staffing schedules, and engineering man-hour estimates to ensure that projects are completed within established budget, quality, and schedule parameters
- Provide prompt notification to supervision and project management for issues that impact scope, budget, and schedule
- Apply design knowledge in medium and low voltage power distribution, grounding, lighting, motor control, variable frequency drive, and misc. equipment specification and selection.
- Apply standard engineering design principles to the maximum extent appropriate, and methodology for research of design options where necessary
- Coordinates details and miscellaneous design details with other disciplines and Project Manager.
- Collaborate with the client's electrical representative to ensure full, appropriate communication and coordination in the achievement in project deliverables.
- Prepare and approve general notes requisitions for electrical equipment on assigned projects.
- Review and approve all electrical drawings, check design quality and technical accuracy on assigned projects.
- Specify and prepare material requisitions for electrical equipment on assigned projects, prepare technical bid evaluations for electrical equipment on assigned projects
- Supports the Construction Department in the preparation and review of Construction Contracts, selection of bidders, evaluation of tenders and the attending of site meetings as may be required
- Provide progress report information on assigned projects, at the required frequency and with the required content to the project Engineer
- Follow up electrical construction work on assigned projects on project sites to ensure correct interpretation of designs regarding installation
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required. M.S. in Electrical Power Engineering is a plus.
- 15+ years' experience preferred
- E. license by exam preferred
- Experience in the specification of LV and MV transformers, switchgear, motor controls, and variable frequency drives.
- Experience in the analysis of industrial power systems using SKM tools or equivalent modeling software is required.
- Must be familiar with the National Electrical Code and API standards, including sections relevant to electrical installations in hazardous locations and in the classification of hazardous areas.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office