Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH118423
Location: USA, New York, Manhattan
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Date posted: 02/03/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
We are seeking to employ a Construction Estimator with extensive experience for an on-going projects in New York City.
The estimator shall review construction estimates with supporting documentation including; Contractor price proposals and supporting documentation of drawings, technical specifications, cost estimates, vendor/subcontractor quotes, market analysis, and other related documents to determine if the proposed construction cost has been developed in regard to supporting documentation, project location, schedule and local labor conditions.
- The cost estimator shall assist the project team in contract negotiations.
- The cost estimator shall respond to requests for explanations of their cost estimates.
- The cost estimator shall review contractor request for equitable adjustment (REA's) for validity and assist in claims support
- The cost estimator shall act as a resource for the project team in need of quick unit costs for reference.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Prepare estimates of all major and minor construction aspects including overall scope of work, time, and materials for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as cost estimating and budget planning, scheduling work, and organizing.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Schedule construction projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience.
Four year college degree is PREFERRED.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.