Key Responsibilities include:
- Technology Planning and Development of Engineering Standards and Work Processes to ensure ROI on Projects and maximize Reliability and Maintainability.
- Be the Technical Leader for internal and/or external teams to implement Projects of varying size and complexity.
- Process automation expert in multiple areas/plants, particularly in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Display an expert level of understanding of plant operations, maintenance and engineering principles as they relate to the facility.
- Participate in PHA's, PSSR's, incident investigations and unit troubleshooting.
- Familiar with commercial aspects of control system upgrades and service contracts.
- Familiar with government agencies such as ERCOT, FERC, TCEQ, DHL, and OSHA and be familiar with regulations at an intermediate level.
- Complete all safety and environmental training required.
- Display expert knowledge of process control principles and use them to assess/support area/plant automation performance.
- Display expert knowledge of the process control system and provide backup to process automation specialists in maintaining and upgrading the system.
- Have strong understanding of process control performance on company profitability and be able to communicate that message across all parts of the organization.
- Complete project scopes to hand off to capital for estimating. This includes P&ID markup, PFD development, writing the process description.
- Initiate AFEs and lead follow-through on driving that AFE to completion.
- Knowledge of entire plant trains and impacts of proposed changes on other areas of the plant.
- 10+ years in chemical, petrochemical or other process industries related to process automation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering.
- Extensive DCS (or BPCS) experience/proficiency is required.
- Configuration and graphics experience with any of the following: Foxboro, Delta V, Yokogawa, Triconix, and/or Honeywell
- Experience in Control Design of chemical process units.
- Experience in PHA and LOPA. Understanding of the Safety Lifecycle as it relates to Safety Integrated Systems (SIS).
- Able to design and implement basic and advanced control schemes as well as complex sequence logic.
- Process experience in petrochemical plant or refinery
- Project technical leadership experience; as a subject matter expert and/or lead engineer.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office