Sr Project Manager
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH118424
Location: USA, New York, Manhattan
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Date posted: 02/03/2018
My client is seeking a Senior Project Manager with NYC mid to high-rise with multi-use, commercial, or healthcare experience. Experience taking a job out of the ground is preferred.
The Sr. Project Manger is primarily responsible for ensuring the performance of their direct reports in the areas of: daily management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of construction projects to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding and contract administration. They should be familiar with all aspects of project management to provide effective oversight. The Sr. Project Manager is ultimately responsible to the company for the profitability and client satisfaction of their projects.
- Lead all aspects of the project and team from inception to close out.
- Build and foster relationships with client representatives, architects, engineers, and sub-contractors to establish project requirements, budget, specifications and schedules.
- Utilize value engineering and sustainable design concepts to improve results for our clients.
- Negotiate and administer contract and subcontract agreements.
- Leverage advanced project planning and financial systems to oversee project performance including, project status, budget, schedule and teammates.
- Develop a high performance team through feedback, training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
- Insure that all protocols are implemented to create a safe project environment.
- Must have experience as a hands on Project Manager for a commercial project value of over $10MM and focused on new out of the ground construction.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or engineering, plus a minimum of 8 years' related experience.
- Minimum 8 years of direct project management experience in ground-up, renovations, mid to high rise, mixed-use" and "interior" construction.
- Demonstrated success as the primary manager of multiple projects ranging from at least $10 to $25 million of contract value
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency with construction and financial computer applications.
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principle.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to individually negotiate change orders with clients and/or subcontractors in excess of $1MM.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules.
- A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
- Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.