My client is a top 400 ENR firm with over 125 years in the construction business has an immediate need for an experienced Sr Project Manager in our Pennsylvania Region. The ideal candidate will have strong project experience in Senior Living, Healthcare, and Education (Higher Eductation, Universities, Private Schools) and can run projects from $10-$50M.
If you are interested in joining a premier growing commercial construction firm with a stellar reputation in its industry then this is the opportunity you've been looking for. Our growth has been tremendous as we continue to expand throughout the Mid Atlantic regions. Great career growth potential, along with the opportunity to pursue career paths in Operations and Administration.
The primary responsibility for the Sr Project Manager is to secure and manage project cost, schedule and performance in conformance with company policy, standards and goals. The Sr Project Manager presents superior technical expertise to the customer. This role will manage projects throughout the PA Region.
- Prepares the project plan, sequence and schedule with collaboration of field personnel. Each project plan identifies the following:
- The Project team required to perform the work.
- A list of work tasks required and an estimate of the man hours for each task.
- A schedule of events needed to ensure meeting the project milestone targets.
- An estimate of manpower requirements, by classification, needed to complete the project on time.
- Prepares and issues project documents including progress reports, detailed project schedule updates, and financial/budget updates.
- Initiates periodic meetings and other forms of communication with project team members and/or customer as appropriate, to acquaint them with unresolved problems and to ensure an adequate degree of coordination as needed between disciplines.
- Regularly monitors project progress for adherence to schedule and man hour expenditures versus percent complete.
- Re-plan and make corrections/adjustments as required to maintain schedule; identifies cause, advises customer and negotiates changes in fee as appropriate.
- Monitors project scope for changes affecting budget and/or schedule; identifies cause, advises customer and negotiates changes in fee as appropriate.
- Keeps customer fully informed of progress on the project and of any significant technical problems/solutions and their effect on design and/or costs.
- Identifies and promotes solution to any problem which might impede progress of the project or adversely affect customer relations. This includes soliciting the help and personal involvement of management as appropriate in the solution of unusual technical problems encountered in the progress of work.
- Coordinates with Estimating department staff on the development of costs and time schedules. Also, assembles estimates including soliciting subcontractor quotations.
- Reviews with the Estimating department staff all plans, specifications, and reports relative to the project.
- B.S. degree in Construction technology, Engineering or other related discipline and 10-15 years relevant experience.
- Past experience in construction project management with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with contract values of $10 million and up.
- Functional experience in multiple disciplines including, project management, estimating, preconstruction services, and construction management.
- Functional experience in the sales and marketing process including making presentations to potential customers.
- Proven track record in Safety
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business plan objectives.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Physical & conceptual ability to review progress at construction sites.
- Ability & experience to make presentations.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.