Our client is a fast growing consultancy in the offshore wind industry who are looking for an ambitious Subsea Cables Project Engineer to join their team in London. You will be working on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore wind farm projects simultaneously and this role will allow good career progression opportunities either in a technical or a managerial role in the future. This is a full time permanent position offering a salary between £45,000-£55,000 p/a gross + bonus + package depending on experience.
Subsea Cables Project Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare tenders and proposals.
- Assist and/or lead projects (as assigned by the Engineering Manager) to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients with the timeframe, costs and quality standards established.
- Make presentations to prospective clients marketing the capabilities of
- Develop designs and specifications for construction projects.
- Attend regular internal meetings and external / third party meetings as required.
- Ensure all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies.
- Duties within the projects:
- Site investigation management and supervision
- Analysis related to cable installation and repair
- Project/package management during live projects
- Detailed analyses or cable related issues, typical examples being scour or cable failures
- Cable route planning and cable burial risk assessment work
- R&D projects to position them at the technical edge
Subsea Cables Project Engineer desired experience:
- Good quality degree in Engineering
- Up to 6 years' relevant professional experience as a consultant, client or a contractor within an emphasis on the project management or technical delivery of offshore wind projects, with an emphasis on subsea cables and subsea cable installation.
- Offshore survival certificates and up-to-date medical certificates for offshore working desirable
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team including engineers, contract managers or QHSE personnel, and work under own initiative with a minimum level of supervision and be a self-starter
- Ability to work in an offshore environment on an occasional basis.
- Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritise work
- Ability to work in a structured and organised way
- High level of proficiency in English language (German, French or Mandarin, would be an advantage)
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office