Purpose and Accountabilities
The Subsea Engineering Focal Point is accountable for providing engineering and operational support for the Subsea and Pipeline Asset Class at the assets(s) they are assigned.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
As a member of the Subsea functional team:
- Engagement with the asset(s) to provide visible and felt engineering and operational support
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) and point of contact for the subsea system
- Support both UPD and P&T led subsea projects and interventions
- Actively share and replicate best practices
The Subsea Engineering Focal Point will be the focal point to the asset(s) they are assigned and will be accountable for contribution to the asset(s) goals:
Engagement with the asset(s) to provide visible and felt support
- Provide SME support for all subsea systems, focusing on Regulatory Compliance, Process Safety, Production Attainment and Competitive Financials.
- Utilize the Deep Water Gulf of Mexico Asset Management System:
- Leverage Visual Management to focus on Subsea-related unscheduled deferment and Proactive Technical Monitoring "Wins".
- Utilize Standard Work to focus on Proactive Technical Monitoring, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Technical Assurance, Fountain Action Items, Management of Change, WRFM, Fit for the Future, Manage Threats and Opportunities, and Asset Specific Business Improvement Items.
- Follow Subsea and Pipeline Processes, leveraging the Discipline Tools (Leak Detection, SPAIR, Integrity Management, IMSA, Subsea Operating Summary, Evergreen Document Management, etc.)
- Utilize the RCA Problem Solving Process.
- Provide routine Proactive Technical Monitoring support to assigned offshore producing asset(s). This includes but is not limited to:
- Utilize our "Proactive Technical Monitoring Surveillance Process" and mature the use of our proactive technical monitoring tools (PI Process Books, Bridge alerts etc.).
- Focus on reducing Subsea related deferment by identifying and mitigating deferment leading events, sharing learnings with the Subsea team, and implementing best practices from other assets.
- Collaborate closely with the asset(s) Virtual Asset Team (VAT) to identify operational constraints & reliability risks to develop cost effective practical solutions to drive improvements to safety, reliability, unscheduled deferment and costs.
- Work with operations to provide monitoring, troubleshooting, mitigation, and training guidelines to drive continuous performance improvement towards Goal Zero, availability and production targets.
- Drive root cause analysis and implement appropriate solutions to prevent reoccurrence of incidents.
- Perform technical reviews of Management of Change (MOC) proposals and execute implementation tasks.
- small subsea projects (defined as requiring no more than 2 man weeks of engineering time) - project management, design and HSE review, MOC, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Engineering Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, TOPPS program graduate or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years industry experience.
- Ability to accomplish goals which require resources outside span of control.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities to build ownership toward the asset and maximize results delivery.
- Communicate effectively with management, external bodies and all level of employees.
- Work through others to achieve results.
- Identify and implement effective courses of action to complete work and ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
- Manage projects and processes effectively.
- Must also be an excellent team player, be able to mentor, coach and inspire less experienced team members in own sphere of competencies and integrated areas.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed and work extended hours as appropriate.
- Offsite and offshore travel required.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office