Substation Commissioning Engineer (2)
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH125193
Location: USA, North Carolina, Raleigh
Sector: Build, Site Agent and Engineering, Built Environment
Salary: US$0.00 - US$140000 per annum
Date posted: 04/05/2018
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., my client provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, my client is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
Requires the scheduling and coordination of major segments of commissioning synchronous condenser projects to meet cost and time objectives. May guide routine review of very complex engineering designs and documentation to ensure compliance with project design criteria and standards. Guides the testing and brings very complex systems into an operational state (commissioning). Guides very complex tests and commissions individual components of very complex systems. Develops and guides corrective modification of very complex hardware and software systems and/or equipment. Develops the design and engineering of very complex systems and start-up plans for overall system. Thoroughly documents job activities through written reports.
Independently performs advanced areas of work for the commissioning of generator controls. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross functional problems.
- Performs the commissioning of synchronous condenser control systems on site.
- Plans the required activities
- Prepares reports and documentation of the results.
- Analyses the system behavior and the interaction of single elements.
- May make optimizations of disciplines (e.g. by settings).
- May contribute as test engineer to admittances, routine and type tests.
- May perform or support the determination or specification of the required test equipment.
- May lead the commissioning staff functionally.
- May control the mentioned tasks and /or provide supervisory guidance at site.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- 10+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.