The Substation Project Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Lead/Manager (a licensed professional engineer) and is expected to work independently while assuming a lead role on project teams. This team member is expected to apply his/her technical expertise to solve complex problems related to substation engineering.
- Lead and/or perform Substation Physical Electrical engineering design (including general arrangement, electrical plans and sections, grounding plan and details, raceway plan and details, shielding plan and details, lighting plan and details, etc.) at HV and EHV voltage levels while adhering to prevailing standards, practices, procedures and project/program requirements.
- Lead and/or perform Protection and Control engineering design (including relaying one-lines, AC schematics, DC schematics, metering, SCADA systems, station communications, station automation, station security, etc.) at HV and EHV voltage levels while adhering to prevailing standards, practices, procedures and project/program requirements.
- Lead and/or conduct substation engineering studies and calculations (including bus spans, shielding, lighting, conduit fill, AC/DC loading and system design, etc.).
- Understand and apply industry standards, applicable state and federal safety codes, regulatory compliance requirements and construction codes to projects.
- Create equipment, material, construction and testing and commissioning specifications.
- Perform quality control (QC) reviews and lead QC review meetings on applicable engineering deliverables produced by junior staff, peers and remote offices on small, medium and large projects while adhering to the PDS quality management standard.
- Provide technical oversight, direction and support for project teams.
Desired Job Experience:
- S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- 7 - 12 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a B.S. degree
- 5 - 10 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a M.S. degree
- Prior experience as a substation lead engineer performing QC reviews and staff training/mentorship
- Experience with serving as firm-client liaison in a support and lead engineering role
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.