- Design, develop and coordinate multiple components and systems of high voltage substation projects. Coordinate same for external design contractors and engineering consultants.
- Review order documents to ensure they meet the customer's technical specifications, including exceptions, clarification and confirmations.
- Provide technical support to Project Manager in technical matters
- Participate in order turnover, customer and project meetings.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of drawings and documents in support of orders. Ensure appropriate archiving of same after order completion.
- Provide supervision at the installation site during construction, and testing.
- Prepare and present customer training
- Provide expertise and support in multiple disciplines to other engineers.
- Develop various standard components, new standard equipment, and standard subsystems used in high voltage substations.
- Assure resolution of all customer and supplier technical questions.
- Provide field problem troubleshooting and resolution of existing equipment.
Desired Job Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years experience in a project related environment, or 3 years experience with high voltage substation project orders or equivalent education and experience.
- Basic understanding of real power (MW) and reactive power (Mvar).
- Broad knowledge of substation equipment, instrumentation, structures, conductors, and relay protection and control.
- Expertise in a minimum of three substation subsystems and field installation and test experience.
- Developed computer skills with emphasis on MSOffice products, CAD and engineering analysis software.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.