Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH114583
Location: USA, Pennsylvania
Sector: Plant Project Development/Management, Power
Date posted: 13/10/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Safety, Quality and Productivity Management
· Ensure a safe and incident-free workplace.
· Review RFP, proposal, estimate, schedule and all contract documents to become familiar with project requirements and obligations under the contract.
· Prepare subcontracts and contracts for review and signature by division Vice President.
· Ensure a foreman and other personnel are assigned to projects three (3) weeks prior to job start.
· Arrange meetings to discuss and finalize outage schedule, permits and job layout with the appropriate operations group. PM shall also communicate such information to the Safety and Quality department.
· Arrange for materials delivery to the remote yard, job site or other required location.
· Arrange and facilitate a preconstruction meeting three (3) weeks prior to the project start. Issue meeting minutes within one (1) week of the meeting.
· Ensure the project crew has all required vehicles, equipment, and tooling on-site in time for the start of the project. Coordinate with Fleet and the appropriate operations group, and tool warehouse personnel.
· Develop Site Specific Safety Plans (SSSP), review with the S&Q department and submit to the customer prior to project start.
· Coordinate the scheduling of subcontractors, manpower, tools, equipment, and material deliveries.
· Establish a construction schedule, coordinate necessary schedules, and monitor to adjust activities as necessary, to ensure milestone dates are met.
· Review with the foreman the three (3) week look-ahead, and verify it is consistent with the overall project schedule, productivity goals, material usage and equipment usage on a weekly basis at a minimum. Make required adjustments needed to maintain targeted gross profit.
· Monitor and observe field personnel work habits and safety performance.
· Audit pre-job briefings for completeness and appropriateness to work being completed.
· Conduct and document safety audits.
· Monitor subcontractors' and vendors' performance and take corrective action as needed after review with division Vice President.
· Complete final closeout of the project including, but not limited to, closing remote yard, returning excess material, submitting as-built drawings and paperwork to the customer and returning any rented equipment or tooling.
· Service the client in a timely and respectful manner; meeting or exceeding their expectations.
· Work with owners, engineers and/or subcontractors to promptly resolve project problems.
· Manage day-to-day customer interaction.
· Schedule and attend final project walk down with the customer; ensure completion of "punch list" tasks.
· Continually increase customer satisfaction and deepen existing relationships.
· Ensure complete and thorough pre-construction planning and distribution of all documents in accordance with the pre-construction process and the customer's expectations.
· Conduct the Pre-construction meeting and attend ongoing project progress meetings.
· Visit the project site at least weekly during the project's work shifts to review problems, monitor progress, ensure compliance with contract documents, specifications, and perform safety audits and quality of work performed.
· Monitor daily, weekly and monthly project costs; report any inconsistencies to Division Vice President with detailed explanations.
· Coordinate with customers, engineers, vendors, subcontractors, foreman, and accounting to facilitate timely and profitable completion of quality projects.
· Assist Accounting with billing and collection needs.
· Assist the Estimating department with estimating of new projects.
· Facilitate the purchase of materials, services, and subcontracts in accordance with the purchasing policy. At times, the PM may need to identify the purchase of materials and/or specialized tools independently and make recommendations to Operations Support.
· Purchase materials, services, and subcontracts in accordance with the purchasing policy.
· Review/approve and/or forward submittals for shop drawings and samples for materials.
· Submit weekly reports to the Divisional Vice President, Regional Manager or Manager of Project Management detailing projected revenues, costs and gross profit at project completion.
· Meet with Accounting monthly to review detailed projected cost at completion, revenue projection and projected job completion gross profit.
· Document field directives from the customer that change or alter the original scope of work.
· Prepare change order requests for the client's approval; coordinate, assist or perform the estimate preparation of change order costs with the Estimator, Foreman, and subcontractors.
· Confirm all change orders in writing with the customer and submit change order information in a timely manner to the Accounting group.
· Track and approve costs charged to projects. Reconcile charges to projects against purchase orders and subcontracts.
· Provide the Accounting group with timely billing information for assigned projects as required (monthly, weekly,etc.). Review and approve customer invoices.
· Review job progress and production goals on a weekly basis.
· Update backlog report with projected gross profit and revenue by month for all projects.
· Refer all potential legal problems concerning projects to the divisional Vice President for action.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Accounting, Finance, or other related business / mathematical discipline focused degree program from a four-year college or technical school, or a comparable equivalent of education and work experience.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.