System Protection Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH106366
Location: USA, New Mexico, Albuquerque
Sector: Transmission and Distribution, Power
Date posted: 02/10/2017
A investor-owned energy holding company is looking for a System Protection Engineer in their Albuquerque, NM office. This company provides electricity and electric services to over 200,000 homes and businesses in more than 70 communities in Texas.
They are looking for a Engineer to grow their Substation group that is responsible for the physical layout and protection and control design for all substations up to 500 kV.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Experience in relay settings, relay coordination and analysis
- Experience in; application of relays and metering in an electrical substation at 138kV +, design of electrical schematics for relay applications and control systems, design of connection drawings and cablings
- Ability to read, interpret and apply national, state and local codes and standards (IEEE, ANSI, NEC, NESC, ACI, AISC, ASME, NACE, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of electrical engineering design programs (Auto-CAD, etc.,)
- Strong knowledge of AC/DC fundamentals
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office