To maintain good knowledge of all hardware platforms as used in the business largest projects, such that a small team of assembly technicians are able to integrate the total hardware solution effectively. The person will be able to power-up the total hardware solution to ensure that the execution of the customer FAT can start as per agreed schedules and without known quality issues. The Integration Centre activities are executed in line with applicable safety and quality standards.
- Acts as a technical supervisor to a small group of assembly technicians in their daily activities to ensure that works are executed as per requirements
- Responsible for the powering up the different hardware platforms so that the total hardware solution can be handed over to the project engineering for application software loading & testing
- Responsible for completing electrical inspection and testing prior to power up of hardware (Earth Bond and Flash Testing if required)
- Be the Authorised Electrical Person - Responsible for issue of electrical connection notice (Lock out Tag Certs ETC.) and all Isolation, De-isolation and Connection of electrical equipment
- Maintains register and is responsible for setup and connection of legacy test equipment as part of FAT to simulate customer plant
- Maintains register and is responsible for setup and connection of Test Racks required for Safety Systems
- Ensures that after the finalization of test activities the total hardware solution is disconnected and the hardware equipment is prepared ready for shipment
- Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements within the integration centre team
- Shares technical knowledge with assembly technicians
- Reports progress and technical problems to the Integration Centre supervisor.
- Maintains test and calibration records of test equipment required for I/O measurement and simulation.
- Takes ownership for system log register for all system defects and executes resolution.
- May be required to carry out site work and international assignments from time to time.
- Supports engineering with FAT activities if required.
- Complete all procedural and documentation requirements for all systems under test.
- Takes ownership for all defective hardware and executes resolution.
- Complies with Corporate, local, Health, Safety and Environmental regulations.
You will be required to provide technical leadership to up to 8 assembly technicians and work unsupervised across a wide range of activities.
Current electrical standards and wiring regulations (BS 7671)
Process Control Systems (i.e Honeywell DCS and Safety Systems preferred)
Competent in the use of a computer / basic IT skills with experience of Microsoft Office package Good communication skills
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office