Overview of the duties
Arguably the most important function within a growing business like Spencer Ogden, a business is nothing without good people. As part of the ‘People’ team you are tasked with ensuring Spencer Ogden meet their growth and headcount plans by attracting, sourcing and engaging with the best talent in a competitive space. Engaging with a mixture of trainee/entry level candidates and experienced individuals, you and your tea will work to identifying candidates that will go on to add value during their career at Spencer Ogden.
Spencer Ogden as your ‘client’
- Design, deliver and manage the Asia Talent Acquisition strategy, ensuring that targeted entry level hires for the region are met
- Ensure the creation of innovative recruitment campaigns, with a focus on social media
- Ensure the development and delivery of effective assessment centres to ensure 'what good looks like' profiles are created for each Asia region
- Develop and implement competency based interviews
- Ensure internal processes aid the Managers to have clear and speedy hiring of entry level candidates
- Act as final sign off for entry level candidates
- Work in collaboration with HR to ensure operational efficiencies for new starter data and on-boarding processes
- Utilise Hirestorm to log all candidates activity and for reporting purposes
- Build effective relationships with suppliers, negotiate terms to drive cost effective fees
- Ensuring that all candidates that come into contact with the Spencer Ogden brand have a positive experience
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a sourcing & candidate attraction strategy/plan within an associated budget.
- Developing and maintaining creative and competitive marketing collateral to sell the Spencer Ogden story and brand.
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers agreeing and negotiating business rates for specific advertising and branding opportunities.
- Conducting necessary external research, to source/identify candidate prospects and development of company target lists
- Conduct direct sourcing activities and source candidates directly with a view to driving down cost per hire & time to fill ratios
- Manage the selection and use of tools to improve hiring decisions
- Candidate screening, including phone screening, phone interviews as well as face-to- face meetings in either a group (assessment) or individual format
- Managing assigned regional university relations and specific career events.
- Running internal and external referral schemes
- Actively network, advertise, attract, assess, manage and develop a highly effective internal recruiters
- Ensure team have clearly defined objectives, aligned to the company and functions strategic goals
- Set the operating rhythm for the team, with regular 121s, team meetings and appraisals
- Develop excellent working relationships with stakeholders in a business partnering capacity
- Impact the direction of the team through vision and guidance to achieve a consistently over target performance
- Facilitate a productive working environment by easing internal tensions and reconciling differences
- Dealing with difficult stakeholders on behalf of more junior staff members
- Chair internal meetings with credibility
- Assist in communicating and reinforcing team and business strategy, fostering a spirit of team work through own enthusiasm
- Communicating issues in a timely manner, presenting viable solutions
- Build collaborative relationships with operations, stakeholders, candidates, suppliers and peers
- Be a role model internally for best practice in relation to use of systems
- Any other duties that your Manager may delegate
- Supervise other teams in Directors absence
- Attending relevant industry events