Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH115699
Location: England, London, City of London
Sector: SMART Grid, Utilities
Date posted: 22/12/2017
Spencer Ogden are seeking a Technical Architect to be based in Central London
Our client are a specialist provider delivering data network and governance services within the electricity and gas sector..
Due to company growth and within their technical services they are seeking a Technical Architect to join them on a permanent basis. The role will see you form the technical basis of our clients service for the next 5-10 years . The initial focus of the role will be to produce high level functional and non-functional requirements for the UK energy market , taking into account the existing service and how to migrate to the new architecture.
Key responsibilities include:
* Assess and challenge proposed technical architectures from bidders into the programme.
* Document high level architectural requirements * Review bidders' technical proposals
* Answer technical queries during the procurement phases.
* Manage changes to the architecture of existing systems, including data analysis platforms in AWS, to ensure they remain performant and cost efficient.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and skill sets:
* Degree in computer sciences or similiar
* Prior experience in energy, gas or electricity sector would be an advantage
* Able to demonstrate a hands-on approach to defining and documenting functional and non-functional requirements
* Demonstrable track record of architecting modern, secure, national network/IT services in a cloud environment using open source technologies
* Hands-on experience of up to date solutions and tools in public cloud environments, particularly AWS and Azure
* Designing workable and cost-effective migration strategies from one architecture to another in a live operating environment
* Defining functional and non-functional requirements specifications
* Working knowledge of modern security techniques and solutions
* Technical assessment of technical solutions and migration strategies of potential bidders * Answering technical queries from potential service providers
* Expertise in Red Hat JBoss Fuse, Weblogic
* Working knowledge of migrating from Oracle to open source alternatives
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits.
For more information about this role please contact our London office