Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH120060
Location: England, Greater Manchester, Manchester
Sector: SMART Metering, Utilities
Date posted: 02/02/2018
Spencer Ogden are seeking a Technical Architect -Smart Metering to be based in Manchester.
Our client are a global metering manufacturing specialist. They provide Smart Meters worldwide and work in partnership with all the major energy providers worldwide. Due to expansion and with the roll out of their SMETS 2 program, they are seeking an experienced Technical Architect to join them on a permanent basis.
As the successful candidate you will be working on existing and new key smart metering projects. You will work as the key provider of technical leadership and design documentation to internal stakeholders, Customers, Standards Groups, and supply chains.
Key responsibilities include:
* Guiding the technical development of major software projects to meet performance and targets on firmware.
* Applying technical expertise in the development of major complex products and software tools.
* Inventing new techniques or advances the state-of-the-art in complex developments with substantial technical risks.
* Extending technical knowledge to introduce new approaches into software design and coding techniques.
* Taking responsibility for the architecture on Security, DLMS and ZigBee concepts/protocols.
* Steering the development team to make them understand the concepts of Vader and GBCS architecture.
* Giving solutions for problems found in external/ joint integration testing's (SIT, UEPT, JIT).
* Understanding the market requirements and converting them into technical specifications/user stories providing a technical vision to the development team.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- Experience within smart metering products and systems
- Proven Solutions Architecture and Software background
- Experience with UK smart metering specifications i.e; CPA, Zigbee, DLMS
- Detailed knowledge of the software components involved, and how to architect and specify for the broader development team.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits
For more information about this role please contact our London office