Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH108074
Location: England, Lancashire
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Salary: £50000.00 per annum + Benefits
Date posted: 06/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Technical Manager - £50,000 + benefits - East Lancashire - Bakery
My client is a rapidly expanding family business and this is an exciting time for a Technical Manager to join and to play a key role in the next phase of the company's development. The company is in the process of securing a number of new customers and is looking for a Technical Manager who can operate at the highest level.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful will have full responsibility for the site's Technical Function. They will ensure that all hygiene & GMP standards are achieved. They will have responsibility for all external audits (BRC / Customers) and will work to RSPO and RTRS requirements on the supply side.
* Continuous improvement of technical and quality
* QMS management (including HACCP)
* Customer relationships, product QAS, packaging/artwork
* Delivering customer specifications with the Specifications Technologist
* Handling customer complaints and delivering complaint reduction
* Upholding all quality, technical and hygiene standards.
* Managing the Specifications Technologist's handling of the approved supplier list
* Keeping on top of supplier performance
* Mitigating cross-contamination risk and ensuring allergen control
* Training staff (HACCP, Hygiene, Food Safety, company procedures, new BRC standards etc.)
* Reducing non-conformance
* Keeping senior management informed of important developments in food legislation
* Working with NPD to ensure the smooth launch of new products.
* Responsibility for Lab testing, EHO, Pest Control, Shelf Life Testing
* Quality and tasting panel with customers
* Full management responsibility for your team (Technical, Quality, Hygiene), including training, SMART targets and appraisals
* Working towards the company's broader goals, and with other departments to share best practice
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or email@example.com
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office