Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH112507
Location: Scotland, Dundee
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Salary: £50 - £70000 per annum + Great Benefits
Date posted: 30/08/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
* £50,000-£70,000pa + Benefits
My client is renowned for salmon, and especially our trout. They pride themselves on the best quality fish and seafood products. They farm, process, innovate and add value. They work with the best retailers in the UK (inc. M&S), and export to markets across the globe.
* Provide technical leadership for the site and technical team
* Management of the Quality Management System including HACCP, specifications, procedures, work instructions, recipes and quality attribute sheets
* Preparation for and leading customer and third party audits
* Implementation of exceptional GMP, technical and factory standards and communication of factory KPIs to improve factory standards
* Management of suppliers including supplier risk assessment and assurance, chain of custody, quality control of incoming fish raw material, ingredients and packaging
* Management of hygiene function to ensure that hygiene systems and paperwork are up to date and that health and safety is in place
* Plan and manage product testing and surveillance covering product microbiology, environmental and process hygiene monitoring, product nutritional and chemical testing
* Product sensory evaluation ensuring there is a structured approach involving trained panels for new product development and monitoring of current product and raw materials quality
* Investigate any non-conformances on product surveillance, nutritional, legislative or microbiological issues and facilitate root cause solutions, corrective and preventative actions.
* Manage technical aspects of NPD including customer specifications, raw material specifications, supplier approval, quality attribute sheets, shelf life testing and update and maintenance of technical product file.
* Experience of technical management in chilled food production
* Leadership skills, people development and coaching
* Leading and managing change
* Excellent organisational and good time management skills
* Food related degree
* Advanced Food Hygiene and HACCP Certificate
* Factory Auditing Certificate
* Experience working with major retailers
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or email@example.com
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office