Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH113131
Location: England, East Riding of Yorkshire, Kingston Upon Hull
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Salary: £50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Car Allowance + Pension
Date posted: 12/09/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Site Technical Manager
£55,000-£65,000 (DoE) + Car Allowance & Pension
My client is one of the UK's best-known food manufacturers. They require a Site Technical Manager to join their Hull facility at an exciting and challenging time. The site itself is due to double its physical footprint. The successful candidate will lead a large Technical department. Their direct reports will include an Assistant Technical Manager, Quality Manager and Hygiene Manager.
* Responsible for product quality, safety and legality.
* Accountable for the technical and quality assurance function of the site, meeting company, legislative, customer and 3rd party accreditation body standards.
* Ensuring that the Technical Team is adequately trained and that any further training needs are identified.
* Ensuring that the company's quality systems are fully compliant with current standards and customer requirements.
* Ensuring that any customers KPIs are supplied in an accurate and timely fashion.
* Leadership of the HACCP Food Safety Team.
* Ensures that technical resource is available for involvement in trials associated with Technical, NPD, Engineering, Manufacturing, Packaging, Hygiene, etc.
* Develop expertise across the site, fully understanding the processes and constraints, to continuously improve food safety, legality and quality compliance, in conjunction with the operations team.
* Keeping abreast of changes in technology, legislation and customer requirements to ensure that the company is always fully conversant with the latest information.
* Responsible for compiling and presenting ad hoc technical reviews to the site and Company senior teams.
* Management of quarterly site and monthly retailer KPI reports.
* The provision of suitable technical resource to lead site technical audits and visits.
* Responsible for identifying areas in which there is a perceived need to drive down customer and consumer complaints YOY, based upon CPMU (and actual number where appropriate).
* Ensuring all specifications are in place, that they are accurate, authorised and up-to-date.
* Accountable for the timely completion of Technical investigations (customer complaint, internal contamination etc).Using root cause analysis and preventative actions, which are fully documented, to reduce or eliminate further risk.
* Leads independent projects as and when the need arises, ensuring that all company, legislative, customer and 3rd party accreditation body standards are considered.
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or email@example.com.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office