Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH116512
Location: England, West Sussex
Sector: Facility Management, Facilities Management, Built Environment
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum
Date posted: 14/11/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
I'm working on behalf of a global Bakery to recruit a Technical Manager on a 12 month fixed-term contract.
A leader in their field, the company operates in over 100 countries and employs 1000s of people. With 100s of millions in turnover, they are a forward thinking organisation and would be a valuable addition to anyone's CV.
To lead and develop the site technical team enabling them to deliver initiatives around food safety, raw material and finished product quality, improve customer and certification audits, drive a quality "culture" through the factory operations.
* Develop a robust site quality and food safety strategy that is aligned and integrated to the overall site strategy
* Site HACCP Leader
* Identify at risk issues across the site and implement appropriate corrective actions, with the correct escalation and notification within the business and customers where applicable, solution focused
* Maintain Compliance to site and customer KPIs with timely submission of all reports and corrective actions involving all functions at the 1st indication of an emerging problem
* Ensure accountabilities for the manufacture of safe foods in accordance with Legislative and Regulatory requirements, Customer expectations, internal and external specifications and procedures and within a HACCP framework.
* As a member of the Site Leadership Team, build strong relationships with colleagues, site engineering team and support functions and contribute to all relevant site improvement activities and projects.
* Lead the resolution of site related Quality and Food Safety incidents and participate, as required in Crisis Management activities
* Lead quality programme related RCA initiatives across site. Ensure RCA is a core competency of all direct reports.
* Build a strong and dependable network with the other site Quality Teams and actively participate in the alignment of the Quality Programme. "A Common Look and Feel".
* Lead the implementation and commissioning of new manufacturing equipment/line relevant to the Quality Team
Skills & Experience
* Food related HNC/HND or degree with Quality management experience
* Internal auditor training, Lead auditor (preferable)
* Site departmental budget skills, awareness and compliance
* HACCP Level 4
* In depth knowledge of Food Safety System (BRC, IFS,) HACCP, GMP and hygiene standards
* In depth knowledge of all major retailers quality related requirements, good relationships and knowledge of all systems, interaction with the key customer team to deliver customer standards and quality
* RCA training
* strong motivator and leader with a willingness to share best practice and work on the common look and feel principals
* Computer & office based work skills necessary but a hands on approach is essential in the production facility
* Strong leadership and communication skills with interaction across the business with the central Quality functions and all other key functions of the business
* Strong influential and problem solving skills
* SAP preferable
Salary & Benefits
* An exciting opportunity in a global leading organisation in the food industry
* 25 days annual leave (8 days public holiday)
* GPP Pension scheme
* On-going training
* Private Healthcare
* Childcare Vouchers
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* On site park
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or email@example.com
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office