Technical Manager (Maternity Cover)
Job type: Temporary
Job reference: : BBBH106568
Location: England, Lancashire
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Date posted: 30/05/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Technical Manager - 12-month Maternity Cover - £45,000-£55,000 (DOE) - Day rates considered
***There is real potential for this role to become permanent***
We are currently looking for a Technical Manager for a 12-month fixed-term contract at a growing food manufacturer in east Lancashire. Due to the opening of a new site, there is a strong possibility of the right candidate securing a permanent position after 12 months.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful will have full responsibility for the site's Technical Function. They will ensure that all hygiene & GMP standards are achieved. They will have responsibility for all external audits (BRC / Customers) and will work to RSPO and RTRS requirements on the supply side.
* Continuous improvement of technical and quality
* QMS management (including HACCP)
* Customer relationships, product QAS, packaging/artwork
* Delivering customer specifications with the Specifications Technologist
* Handling customer complaints and delivering complaint reduction
* Upholding all quality, technical and hygiene standards.
* Managing the Specifications Technologist's handling of the approved supplier list
* Keeping on top of supplier performance
* Mitigating cross-contamination risk and ensuring allergen control
* Training staff (HACCP, Hygiene, Food Safety, company procedures, new BRC standards etc.)
* Reducing non-conformance
* Keeping senior management informed of important developments in food legislation
* Working with NPD to ensure the smooth launch of new products.
* Responsibility for Lab testing, EHO, Pest Control, Shelf Life Testing
* Quality and tasting panel with customers
* Full management responsibility for your team (Technical, Quality, Hygiene), including training, SMART targets and appraisals
* Working towards the company's broader goals, and with other departments to share best practice
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or email@example.com
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office