Technical Manager - Paper Manufacturing
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH121554
Sector: Plant Outage, Operations & Maintenance, Power
Salary: US$45000 - US$65000 per annum + transportation
Date posted: 26/02/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
A Paper manufacturer is looking for an extensively experienced Technical Manager to oversee the the various plant technical functions and provides market support for product.
The incumbent will act as Quality Assurance Representative for the Paper Mill.
The successful applicant should be confident in fulfilling the following responsibilities
- Manage technical departments, paper making process control, quality control, quality system, complaint investigations, paper product development, paper grade recipes and paper BOM's for material requirement planning (MRP)
- Support sales in delivering products that meet the customers quality specifications.
- Managing the technical in accordance with the needs of production, finishing, maintenance.
- Develop new paper grades or process modifications
- Overall responsibility for safety, training, selection of Technical Department staff Manage the paper process within the product recipes according to budget
- Maintains an attitude of innovation and efficiency. Encourages and helps nurture open idea flow and sharing from all department members to encourage an atmosphere of continuous improvement. -
Supervises Technical Department Personnel in the performance of all assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with the collective agreement Investigates any safety violations in conjunction with the HSE Representatives as required;
- Ensures all Department Employees are trained on and working to Mill HSE Regulations.
- Bachelors, Doctorate or Master Degree holder in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, mechanical,electrical, quality systems or Pulp & Paper with strong paper making knowledge
- Fluent in English (written/spoken)
- Superior technical knowledge related to the manufacturing of paper
- Excellent planning, organizational and management skills Knowledge of customer processes
- At least 15 years of experience and possess strong background working in the Process, Production and Technical role in a paper mill.
- At least 10 years of experience in the supervision of projects, personnel and delegation of tasks is essential Superior chemical technical knowledge in paper making Possess Quality Control (QC) experience with R & D exposure in paper making.
- Possess Quality Assurance (QA) experience and knowledge in an ISO environment.
- Must have excellent knowledge on ISO Documentation & Certificates.
Possess ISO certification is an advantage.
Interested Applicants are welcome to send your most updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321