Technical / QA Director
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH125877
Location: USA, New York
Sector: Architecture, Design & Engineering, Built Environment
Salary: US$120000 - US$121000 per annum
Date posted: 10/05/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Position: Technical / QA Director
The Technical / QA Director will:
- Participate in the weekly team leader meetings with the Director of Operation to learn of each project schedule and plan the QA/QC reviews.
- In conjunction with Project Teams, review construction drawings as an extra "check" for code, constructability and compliance with DR CAD and Format standards. Reference Standards:
- Lead and work with the CAD committee to develop a CAD library that includes but is not limited to construction details categorized, cataloged and searchable for staff use.
- If needed, be available to develop and draw details for specific projects that will then be catalogued
- Research and deploy Revit standards and train staff as needed.
- Develop effective project processes, protocols, quality assurance program, tools and reference standards for construction documents, CAD and Building Code.
- Be or become familiar with CSI and its application to Interiors projects.
- Building products as may be needed.
- Develop an architectural building products library as may be needed.
- Research mobile apps that could be integrated in workflow in the areas of survey, field review and punch list.
- Working with the Director of Operations and QA Principal to develop tutorial programs for Studio team members that may include CAD library tutorials, basic code, drawing structure and format.
- Develop training manuals or consolidate online training programs for staff use.
Competency Statement (s)
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, services, idea.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word. 2
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university)
- Minimal of 10 years as a senior project architect with extensive construction documents and field experience in interior architecture.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, CSI, Microsoft Excel, Projects, Word
Certificates & Licenses:
- NCARB IDP completed or should be preparing for the ARE.
- Active member of professional, business or community organizations.
- Adheres to the firm's policies, procedures and ethical principles and supports adherence by colleagues.
- Sets a positive example by providing timely, meaningful verbal and written feedback.
- Sets a tone of professionalism and integrity with clients and team.
- Seeks advice and feedback from peers and leaders to strengthen effectiveness.
- Creates atmosphere of trust, tolerance, and acceptance and seeks diverse views within the team.
- Does not abuse his/her position by taking advantage or violating office policies.
- Demonstrates continuous learning without undue impact to project schedule or office work schedule.
- Shares and applies knowledge gained with work colleagues.
- Supports the assimilation of new team members; remains accessible to all staff.
- Recognizes members of the team for their efforts and successes.
- Addresses conflicts in a timely, sensitive manner; escalates to leadership when appropriate.
- Respectfully and appropriately challenges behavior of others that is inconsistent with the firm's policies.
- Recognizes ineffective strategies and recommends alternative approaches or solutions.
- Protects the intellectual property of the firm by assuring that content is quality controlled.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.