Technical Service Engineer (office based)
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH116020
Location: England, West Sussex, Horsham
Sector: Design & Engineering, Building Services, Built Environment
Salary: £27 - £35 per hour
Date posted: 01/11/2017
Title: Service Engineer
Rate: £27-£35 ph
Shift Pattern: 8 hour shifts (Monday to Sunday between 6 am - 10 pm,Earl, Core or Late )
Start Date ASAP
This role is part of the Duty Team who run a 24/7 technical help desk service based in Horsham.
You will be part of an office based team who are the first point of contact for our clients contracted customer base. In addition to this you will provide technical assistance to our clients national field service team who have around 100 engineers. It will be your responsibility to ensure our customers gets their issues resolved in the most expedient way possible and in accordance to their SLA agreements. You will achieve this by offering remote fixes, managing service visits and escalating quality issue through the business when needed.
Another vital role this teams plays is in the design and development of new onsite and remote technical services, which address the customer's intelligent building needs. The Energy & Applications Team is key player in assisting Trend achieve is overall grown targets in the coming year so definitely an exciting team to be part of.
- Providing remote technical assistance for Trend contracted customers and the Trend field service teams.
- Carry out and support the services the Energy team offer to their customer base
- Manage customer requests who have varying levels of expertise.
- Liaise with third party providers on non BEMS related problems ensuring we deliver an enhance customer service
- Represent technical issues form both Field Service and customers sites at the appropriate technical forums.
- Driving energy savings through applying BEMS expertise.
- Liaising with Field Service Account Handlers to resolve customer queries
- Ensure the achievement of all team / individual targets and KPI's
- Work closely with Technical Support Team on Product Issues
- Carrying out development project work to enhance Energy & Applications Team offering
- Ability to work a shift pattern, with good time keeping.
- Excellent customer handling skills both written and verbal.
- Experienced in a technical discipline e.g. City and Guilds, ONC or HNC in Mechanical, Electronic, BEMS or Electrical (or at least working towards these certifications)
- Knowledge of the principles, associated with BEMS, Plant and Energy Management would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable understanding of the impact adjustments on the BEMS has on energy saving and consumption.
- Effective communicator with a flexible approach to team work.
- Experience of Field environment advantageous
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office