TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER - UAE
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) supports the region in day-to-day business. The TSE will report to the Region District Manager (DM) and support in all aspects of the operation. This includes, but is not limited to, prepare quotes and technical proposals, find new business opportunities and record these, testing of equipment, lead investigations, coordinate deliveries, handle import/export of equipment, attend pre-/post- job meetings with the client, create and maintain operational procedures.
The TSE will be the focal point for all clients in the region and attend meetings whenever required. The base will be in Abu Dhabi, UAE, but with the business expanding into other regions.
Profit and Loss
- Responsible to help sustain and develop business opportunities with focus on new technologies, incremental business growth, current technology introductions, emerging area's and mission critical projects.
- In conjunction with the Region DM, develop financial goals and monitor financial performance against those goals for the product lines.
- Monitor key performance indicators and provides feedback to Region DM.
- Monitor Market Share and provide reports to Region DM.
- Assist with development of region strategic sales plan in conjunction with Region DM.
- Recommend business process improvements for the Product Lines.
- The provision of technical and commercial support to Sales & Operations for the Product Lines.
- Introduce new technology to the Region and technology that has been established elsewhere but is new to the Area.
- Establish and maintain good contacts with all Customers.
- Support and track competitor's performance and market indicators.
- Provides support on major bids and pricing initiatives within the region.
- Assist in capitalizing opportunities to gain market share.
- Develop & maintain a network in the region with key clients, third party sales & service companies & industry bodies that can assist in growing our business.
- Create Case Histories on successful and "high value added" operations
- Write/assist on technical papers to conferences
- Assist on coordinating events in the region (ADIPEC etc.)
- Assist the client in all operational concerns
- Attend morning meetings, pre-/post-job meetings whenever required
- Witness make up and testing of equipment
- Perform minor redresses of equipment if required
- Write and maintain local procedures
- Lead investigations and create reports
- Educate operators and third-party companies in the Company's technologies
- Create and keep track on operational documentation packages
- Keep track on inventory
- Coordinate deliveries with Manufacturing in Norway, keep track on status and be in dialogue with the end user
- Support in New Technology introduction and feedback technology requirements from the customer to create business plans/development opportunities.
- Working with Region DM, establish & apply a continuous product education program for customers on both existing & New technology.
- Obtains client feedback (internal & external) on overall product performance and customer service levels.
- Provides a visible QHSE commitment and presence and participate in programs and initiatives.
- Participate in incident reviews where applicable.
- Stop any job on Company or customer properties if a danger is present.
Bachelor's degree or higher required.
Minimum 4 or more years of experience in technical and/or Business Development positions within the Completions segment. Must have shown high credibility both internally and externally in previous roles.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
A good understanding about Well Completions.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff and partners.
Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Thorough understanding of all product lines and/or service systems offered by the Company.
Ability to successfully work to reach Company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Must have strong communication and personnel skills.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions (If Applicable)
This position may require extensive regional travel on short notice. Projects involving the Company can be multimillion dollar ventures and down time or equipment malfunction can produce a highly stressful situation. Individuals should be motivated and career oriented with the ability to work long hours under stressful situations.
Direct Supervisor: Region District Manager
Functional Supervisor: As above
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office