Technical Test Manager
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH118116
Location: England, Hampshire
Sector: SMART Metering, Utilities
Date posted: 21/12/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Spencer Ogden are working with a key player in the smart metering and communications sector who are seeking a Lead/Senior Test Engineer to join them on a permanent basis in Hampshre.
Our client are growing off the back of successful projects and tenders. They are really making a high impact in the smart metering sector and due to the success are seeking a Lead/Senior Test Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
As the Lead/Senior Test Engineer you will be working on several key smart metering projects with a focus on the electricity and water sectors.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of technical test engineers to deliver testing and assurance activities across a number of suppliers, releases, change requests and work streams.
- Provide technical oversight of change and release process for platform test.
- Ensure that Implementation workstreams deliver system components that will integrate technically as required within the on-going Solution/Service Testing plan
- Accountable for all technical assurance activities of 3rd party Unit and Link test evidence, scripts, test plans and completion artefacts.
- Ensure that acceptance criteria are clearly defined and understood
- Support the Integration and Test team through effective management and timely resolution of defects during formal testing stages
- Work closely with DCC to identify where issues could be an opportunity to increase scope while minimising risk to delivery programme
- Take ownership of Programme test Plans
As the successful candidate you will have the following background:
* Prior, recent and demonstrable experience in a Senior or Lead Test role
* Extensive test experience across a range of technologies and platforms, with proven ability to control and own testing at every stage of solution delivery
* Experience of leading multiple test work-streams
* Able to provide test input across solutions delivery to shape testing best practice and provide project governance
* Lead teams of testers or business users through User and Operational Acceptance Testing spanning multi-month, multi-year deliveries
* Demonstrable experience of testing functional and non-functional requirements, working with automation teams, tools and technologies
* Comfortable working as a part of technical teams and quickly able to familiarise complex, industry specific technology and terminology
* Adept at explaining technical complexities in a straight-forward manner
* Able to demonstrate clear communication and collaboration skills
* Passionate about building and delivering quality solutions and providing exceptional service across every interaction
* Exposure to and extensive knowledge of international testing standards (ISTQB Foundation Certificate, BS 7925-1, ISO 2911)
For more information about this role please contact our London office