Tekla Design Draughtsman
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : Tekla123
Location: England, London, North West London
Sector: Architecture, Design & Engineering, Built Environment
Salary: £18 - £25 per hour
Date posted: 26/08/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
I am looking for the following qualifications and experience for a steel detailer to be employed on a contract basis in North West London:
- Excellent knowledge of steel design & steel connection details
- Experience of producing architectural metalwork's and structural steel's fabrication drawings
using Tekla is essential. Knowledge of other software (Revit) would be beneficial, not required.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineering's and Architect's drawings and understand and
able to deliver the information from Structural Steel specification into the fabrication drawing.
- Ability to liaise competently with Engineers & Architects and manage the flow of technical
information on the project is essential.
- Ability to work as a team to ensure every project is a success. Works will involve co-ordination
with Commercial, Project, Production and Site Department.
- Ability to work from site measurements and produce fabrication drawings from those
- Design Review Meeting with Project managers to review the Specification, Tender drawings, Site
surveys & Connection calculations.
- Raise RFI's following the review meeting and the initial modelling for any design discrepancies,
clashes, missing information to the responsible parties involved and maintain the RFI register.
- Track correspondence with Client's Structural Engineer, Structural Engineers within the office and project
Managers and file on system
- Keep track of all the variation and maintain the variation record sheets with supporting evidence
an data for the Commercial team to access
- Maintain organised project design folders with all revisions clearly labelled to show the current
- Raise and control document registers. Document control (drawings, calculations, RFI, variation) of
high standard is vital.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.