Midstream Company is currently seeking a Tech Terminal Operations for their facility located in Watford City, ND.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Possess general knowledge of pumps and associated equipment for pipeline operations
- Take oil samples and perform routine grind outs to measure sediment and water content and determine quality.
- Perform tank gauging to measure tank contents and account for product stored and product moved into and out of tanks.
- Prepare custody transfer tickets, manage tickets and perform month-end closing.
- Hand gauging field tanks accurately and purchasing lease crude with field custody transfer tickets.
- Perform routine daily maintenance tasks, such as running pipeline scrapers
- Operate terminal equipment, such as skid steer and UTV
- Work closely with I&E technicians (SCADA and HMI systems)
- Interpret the plant's piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) and control schematics
- Understand liquid measurement principles, such as (flow metering and water cut)
- Work flexible schedule
- Available 24/7 for on call duties.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education & License:
- Minimum of 2 year(s) of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Technical degree in power plant maintenance or mechanics from completion of a 2-year program at an accredited technical school, vocational school, or community college OR a minimum of 2 years of professional experience related to pipeline maintenance, oil field and gas operations.
- Must have, or be able to acquire, Operator Qualification (OQ) Certification for valve and pump station maintenance and repair per DOT requirements for pipeline operators.
- Must have or become trained in OSHA's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Previous petroleum industry or oil field experience is strongly desired.
- Understanding of crude oil measurement, custody transfer, tank gauging and meter proving.
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance on pipeline valves and pump station equipment.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize daily work schedules depending on operational requirements.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other operations and staff personnel.
- Flow Process control and PLC knowledge
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office