The Data Scientist (Operations Engineering)
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : 3636
Location: USA, Illinois, Chicago
Sector: Solar, Renewables
Date posted: 02/09/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
· Perform production estimates for solar PV projects using production estimation software such as PVSYST, PVWATTS, SAM, and Helioscope
· Prepare reports and comparisons between system configurations, module vendors, and multiple variables simultaneously for project optimization
· Remain up-to-date on new technologies, trends, and industry standards for production modeling to ensure installations are compliant with industry best practices and prudent assumptions within the PV energy market
· Monitors historical production of existing project installations to verify performance in accordance with financial expectations and address any discrepancies in the PVSYST models compared to actual system production over time.
· Reports production and O&M activity across departments
· Troubleshoots system issues
· Performs system acceptance testing at the completion of project
· Drives results
· Thinks conceptually
· Self Manages
· Takes initiative and ownership of projects
· Solves problems
· Communicates effectively (written & verbal)
· Bachelor degree in Engineering - or comparable technical knowledge through demonstrated work experience
· Database Administration experience
· Experience with scripting languages such as SQL Perl, PHP, Python or JAVA
· Solid understanding of power generation plants and utility systems
· Experience with production estimating software tools such as PVSYST, PVWATTS, SAM, Helioscope is preferred
· 1-3 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the renewable energy industry and in utility environment preferred
· Must hold a valid driver's license
· Travel required (up to 25%)
· Physically able to climb a ladder in excess of 30 feet and work at elevation on roof for extended periods of time in hot or cold weather conditions.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.