Turbine Services Requirements for Machinists
Field Tech - Machinist position performs machining operations on a customer site in order to meet the required manufacturing and engineering specifications on turbine & generator equipment in a field service environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Diploma or Certificate in Mechanical Technology - Minimum 2 years technical/trade school or apprentice program in machining or manufacturing or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of direct machinist experience is required on large commercial, power generation or turbo machinery equipment.
- Ability to use all types of precision measuring tools.
- Skilled at set-up & operation of portable lathes, milling, boring, grinding, and drilling machines.
- Ability and willingness to work a high percentage of overtime (including 12 hour shifts)
- Ability and willingness to work various shifts arrangements
- Ability and willingness to lift 50 pounds required.
- Qualified candidates must also be able to pass extended background check to obtain unescorted nuclear plant access (to include drug screen and extensive background investigation).
- Flexibility and willingness for short notice, must live within 60 minute drive of a major airport.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Eligible candidate will be given a written machining proficiency test prior to performing any machine work.
Individuals with some of the required skills but possessing less than the minimum education and experience requirements identified may be considered. Additional training will be provided by Turbine Services to enhance applicant abilities prior to any field assignment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Basic PC/Laptop skills for using our timekeeping and expense systems, as well as email usage.
- Advanced machining knowledge.
- Knowledge of automated systems.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.