We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to work as an T&I Project Manager located near Beaumont, Texas. This PO Turnaround & Inspection Project Manager is the primary point of responsibility, authority and accountability for coordination, planning, and the execution of the Two-thousand twenty Turnaround. This position is the project team leader of diverse groups for all projects assigned throughout the entire project life cycle. They are accountable for communicating project status to the project stakeholders. Responsible for the overall project execution and ensuring success of all associated capital and expense projects with regard to cost management, resource availability, completion time as well as specific functionality targets.
What you will be accountable for?
- Actively manage the execution of assigned capital and expense projects for the 2020 PO Turnaround through the site Turnaround Management Process (TMP)
- Confirming engineering and construction resources coincide adequately within the project's capital and schedule parameters.
- Works directly with TA Event Team Leader to ensure that the project complies with all phases of the Turnaround Management Process (TMP)
- Participates in and conducts scope and project reviews as they relate to assigned projects. Reviews and develops project justifications. Develops project overview presentations for site and senior leadership.
- Provides technical solutions to plant problems within the framework of his/her technical background.
- Responsible for enactment of project workflow utilizing both internal and external resources to allow efficient execution of all work assigned, inclusive of both capital and expense work.
- Accountable for meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure project execution effectiveness.
- Ensure safety and environmental compliance of the overall project design.
- Accountable for coordinating Process Safety Management reviews and all documentation updates required for assigned projects.
Manage all aspects of assigned projects as necessary to meet expected deadlines.
- Responsible for providing consistent project updates through effective communication with site and corporate personnel.
Safety / Schedule / Cost / Operational Performance
- Responsible for overall project scope of work and cost development, engineering design, drafting, construction, commissioning including documentation and training.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of company goals.
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company
Directly reporting to this position will be the following individuals:
- Operations Manager
- Technical Manager
- Execution Team Leader
- Capital Project Team Leader
- Commissioning and Start-Up Manager
- Procurement Team Lead
- Cost Control Manager
What are we looking for in the ideal Candidate?
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering and minimum of 15 years engineering or project management experience in a petrochemical or refining facility required
- Should have management experience in $50 - $100 MM projects.
- Prior experience in front-end design and detail design project functions preferred
- Prefer candidates trained in a staged gate process
- CAPM preferred
- PMP or PgMP preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). Please visit the website below for TWIC eligibility and requirements.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft Office tools
- Proficient with scheduling software such as Primavera P6
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Excellent writing/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proven analytical thinker with conceptual understanding and ability of applying experiences and knowledge to identify best solutions
- Ability to solve complex problems and identifying the appropriate resources
- Ability to build relationships and lead teams from across all organizational lines
- Knowledge of sound engineering principles, practices and methods, environmental regulations, engineering project management methods, workplace safety, budgeting, employee supervision and personnel management
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office