UK Defence Sales Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: :
Job Reference: BBBH94349
Location: England, Hampshire, Portsmouth
Sector: Technology, Sales & Technical Pre-sales, Marine
Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum + car, pension, (depended on experience)
Date Posted: 07/09/2016
Technical Sales Manager
£40-£60K (Dependent on Experience) + Commission + Pension + Car + Laptop + Mobile Phone.
My Client is seeking an experienced Technical Sales Manager, based in Portsmouth, who will be the main point of call for product and system sales into the defence/ marine markets across Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Due to expansion my client now wishes to recruit a competent defence sales manager to join their ambitious and technologically advanced business.
This role will require some travel (about 20% of time) to conferences, client visits, and demonstrations. Mostly domestic, some international.
* Develop and sustain strategic relationships with key individuals within defence primes (national and international)
* Develop and sustain strategic relationships with foreign defence agencies
* Negotiate and close sales
* Lead and write technical sales proposals
* Respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs) / Requests for Information (RFIs)
* Generate new sales leads and opportunities
* Proactively seek audiences and venues for customer familiarisation briefings and presentations
* To identify and establish key customers and partnerships and establish sustainable relationships
* Generate longer term business development
* Act as the 'eyes and ears' on the ground to provide market and competitive intelligence
* Other projects and responsibilities as may be added at the company's discretion
* Coordinate with Directors and Senior Managers to deliver innovative solutions and ensure a superior customer experience
* Support the Sales and Marketing Director in working alongside existing customers seeking opportunities for repeat business
* Adhere to the company sales process
* Track and record all sales activity in the company CRM tool
* Background in a defence environment
* Established connections in the UK defence industry
* Experience in technical sales proposal writing
* Strong word processing and writing skills
* A confident presenter
* Undergraduate Degree (Graduate Degree or equivalent experience a plus).
* 5 years proven results in sales to the UK and EMEA in defence/maritime domain.
* Very strong organisational abilities, oral & written communications and interpersonal skills.
* Self-directed, organised, systematic, punctual, and goal-oriented.
* Familiarity with contracting
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Familiarity with contact management software/ CRM tools
* Strong attention to detail Desirable
* Ex-Royal Navy
* Marine operational experience
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office