Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from a recognized and approved program. Advanced certification in taxation is considered a strong plus.
- Minimum of 8 total years of experience with at least five years in value-added tax (VAT).
- SAP ERP System Experience is MUST.
- Experience with Petrochemical operations as it relates to VAT is a significant plus.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation, completion and submission of VAT returns within the filing deadlines and in compliance with the local VAT law
- Prepare VAT returns promptly in order to maximize cash flow benefits to the General Authority of Zakat and Tax.
- Keep abreast of current developments relating to VAT
- Liaising with external advisors and keeping up to date with new VAT legislation and rules Negotiate with tax authorities over tax payment issues
- Continuously review and monitor the adequacy of systems, procedures and other relevant records to ensure compliance with VAT and other taxation Regulations.
- Providing VAT training across the group
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities in compliance with law and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office