In this intermediate level role, the welder joins, fabricates and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques. The welder welds together pressure retaining welds, but no "V" welds, work orders or verbal instructions.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Be capable of performing all aspects of the Fabrication Department.
- Inspects complete welds to determine structural soundness.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, or arc gas welding equipment.
- Weld metal materials to Vessel equipment using the appropriate welding procedure for the various equipment and metal types involved.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- EE will align with EFX visions and values.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED or 1 year technical diploma/vocational certificate desired.
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years' of relevant industrial experience required.
- Must have experience welding Vessels
- Must be qualified on GMAW and FCAW processes
- Must pass 3G Plate test.
- Must be able to Gauge
- Limited to welding flat and uphill positions
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under general supervision.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office