Vice President of Sales
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH112528
Location: USA, Massachusetts, Boston
Sector: SMART Grid, Utilities
Salary: US$0.00 - US$250000.00 per annum
Date posted: 06/10/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
This leader must be an aspirational role model, with the aptitude of rallying people behind his/her actions to work successfully toward a shared vision.
The VP is responsible for developing and executing effective strategic sales plans for building and maintaining a bookings and revenue. They must also consistently meet or exceed established targets and expands the breadth and depth of market coverage and penetration in selected markets.
* Manage and develop the company's sales organization while assuming responsibility for yearly, quarterly and monthly sales projections and revenue goals within the sales organization.
* Build the Sales infrastructure in North America to enable the company to rapidly scale, while providing an exceptional experience for customers and partners.
* Take ownership for defining and enhancing sales metrics and benchmarks for measuring progress and maintaining focus.
* Lead and motivate a multi-layer management team that oversees the generation of qualified sales opportunities through to closure; utilizing support from partners, sales engineering and business development.
* Employ outstanding leadership and team building skills, while coaching and mentoring others in best practices for prospecting, qualifying, navigating and selling/closing business.
* Remain actively engaged in the day-to-day activities of the sales team, and proactively address obstacles that potentially impede the team's tactical and strategic success.
* Establish and maintain a strong network of key business relationships with customers, partners, and the industry.
* Inspire team to consistently meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals as well as renewal targets.
* 15+ years of related sales experience and a proven track record in sales leadership with at least 5 years of Sales VP/Management.
* Proven track record of leading sales teams to consistently over achieve goals and exceed revenue expectations in a high-accountability environment.
* Effective at providing coaching and feedback to help others achieve accountabilities and grow professionally.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.