Our client is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Our client is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
Our client is a worldwide market leader in abrasives solutions. It is the leading UK manufacturer of precision grinding products supplying Multi National Industrial companies on a global basis. Supported by exceptional technology, with complete and innovative product lines, it has built its reputation around quality and safety, and experienced, committed and passionate people.
Our client has a graduate opportunity for a Vendor Managed Inventory Planner and Technical Coordinator to work within the team based at our commercial offices in Stafford. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, scheduling and replenishment of the Aerospace VMI (vendor managed inventory) product range.
Your main responsibilities and activities include:
- Being responsible for the UK finished good inventory range used to supply Engineered VMI accounts ensuring Customer Service objectives are met whilst optimising inventory levels and value
- Liaising with the Engineered customers and Engineered sales team to co-ordinate the on time weekly customer consigned stock audits for the VMI accounts, maintaining accurate records and reports
- Being the sole point of contact for VMI customers for the supply of the VMI range, responsible for the process of end-to-end planning, from customer consigned invoice to purchase requisition.
- Establishing strong working relationships with all internal plants supplying VMI products, ensuring desired delivery standards are achieved
- Owning the demand planning process for the VMI range key activities
- Liaising and facilitating the technical sales team as an internal 'champion' to support the Super Abrasive product sales
You're degree will ideally be in a Business / Project Management related discipline. With a professional approach you will have excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels within organisations and feel confident in creating networks in both customer and vendor facing situations. Being IT literate, you will be an advanced user in Excel with excellent organisational, analytical and planning skills gained either through your studies or from industrial work experience. For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office