Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH114396
Location: USA, New York
Sector: Finance, Project Finance & Structured Finance, Renewables
Date posted: 18/10/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Join a bank like no other.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
This company's clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next energy breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
As a Vice President, Energy Resource and Innovation you will maintain oversight for a group of project finance transactions with a mix of agency, bilateral and participated accounts covering renewable energy, power, infrastructure, and oil & gas industries. The portfolio manager performs independent analysis on credit standards, contracts, cash flows, budgets, construction reports, operating reports, etc. for the purpose of recommending an appropriate course of action in respect of amendment, waiver, consent requests, and reporting to management of any credit deviations or concerns that may develop during the transaction life by preparing various internal reports. Assist in closing and booking of new transactions and booking changes to existing transactions, completion of customer due diligence procedures including customer registration, renewals and monitoring. Assist in preparing for and responding to internal and external audits.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Monitor, analyze, and report to Credit and Management any changes to credit structure
* Prepare amendment and waiver requests upon analyzing the credit implication on the transaction
* Provide on-going monitoring of transactions and recommend internal rating changes when necessary
* Perform credit rating reviews and other periodic internal reporting requirements in accordance with credit policy and procedures
* Provide prompt reporting to Management of any adverse changes
* Interact and maintain relationships with Agent Banks and Borrowers
The agent bank is obligated to control and administer syndicated transactions by providing strong service to customers and lenders and to take all appropriate action as specified in the financing documentation.
* Coordinate the action of the lenders as agent in accordance with loan agreement
* Keep accurate and secured operation with all work completed timely and accurately with proper supervision
* Provide excellent service to the customer and lenders as agent
* Control conditions precedent, drawdowns and repayments of the assigned transactions
* Coordinate the lenders' action for amendment, waiver or consent requests
* Distribute required information and/or reports of such agent transactions to each participant.
* Take prompt action upon request from the participants
* Perform agent duties that require active communication with the sponsor, participants, lawyers, consultants and related parties
* Coordinate the action as directed by lender group for distressed transactions (restructuring and/or workout)
* Maintain agent files, credit files, financial files, legal documents and other relevant information
* Follow-up with pending items on the Provisional List, Covenant Checklist and other internal portfolio management tracking systems
* Interact and coordinate administrative matters with other departments
* Perform internal reporting duties and control administrative and operational matters cooperating with back office
* As required, support MD and Deal Team
* As required, support Origination Team
* Perform other work-related duties, as assigned
* Strong credit and risk analysis expertise. Good aptitude for understanding elements of complex transaction structures and projects.
* Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or relevant experience; Advanced degree a plus - i.e. MBA, MS or LLM degree
* 5 years relevant work experience in project/structured finance, portfolio management and agency work with a financial institution.
* Experience and skills necessary to pursue the above mentioned tasks (i.e., legal, finance, economic, communication and negotiation, technical, insurance, etc.)
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills
* Advanced PC software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) skills necessary for modeling contractual and technical parameters, and performing sensitivity analysis as well as to prepare internal reporting
* Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with customers, officers and other bank personnel
* Capacity to effectively organize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Ability to learn necessary in house systems
* Ability to work evenings or during the weekend when workload requires (some travel required)
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.