The Water and Environment Business Sector has an immediate opening in the Greenwood Village, Colorado office for Water Resources Engineering Project Manager. Our team is growing and in this lead position, you will have the opportunity to manage a variety of exciting projects, partnering across market sectors throughout our business.
The successful candidate will be responsible as a leader in the Colorado Area for stormwater management, green infrastructure, drainage and sediment control hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, stream restoration, open channels and flood control projects. This role may also provide technical support and coordination within the Texas/Mountain Region. A Colorado Professional Engineer registration is required.
- Lead project teams to plan and design municipal and transportation related stormwater drainage, water resources engineering, stream restoration, and flood control management projects;
- Prepare and manage scope, schedule, and budgets for water resources projects;
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic studies and design using simulation software;
- Prepare documents including reports, plans, specifications, and anticipated construction costs;
- Lead business development with local clients, assist in proposal development, and client service management.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Masters of Science in Civil Engineering is highly desirable
- Project Management Lead with experience in the key focus areas:
- Hydraulic and Hydrologic modeling software such as HEC-RAS, SWMM, and FLO-2D;
- Watershed and floodplain management processes, including the process for development and submittal of Conditional Letter of Map Revisions (CLOMR) and Letter of Map Revision process;
- Environmental and project permitting and associated application processes;
- Knowledgeable of Colorado area storm drainage requirements including Urban Drainage and Flood Control District (UDFCD) criteria manuals;
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) urban drainage criteria requirements and guidelines;
- Design development of Green Infrastructure and Low Impact Development (LID) stormwater management and water quality control, storm drainage, and collection and stream restoration projects;
- Erosion and sediment control design;
- Bridge hydraulic/scour analysis;
- Strong Project Management experience in scope, schedule, budget and team management;
- A collaborative leader with excellent verbal and written communications skills; and
- Ability to develop and mentor technical teams.
- Minimum 15+ years of progressive experience in developing and leading stormwater, drainage, and flood control technical solutions during design and construction projects;
- Colorado Professional Engineer registration;
- ASFPM Certified Floodplain Management certification a plus;
- Expertise in storm water runoff treatment during and after construction a plus;
- Knowledge and experience with MicroStation, Auto CAD Civil 3D, and ESRI GIS software are highly desirable; and,
- Affiliations with professional societies and active industry and community involvement.
The selected candidate must be able to work within the United States immediately. Some travel may be required.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.