Spencer Ogden is looking for a Water Resources Engineer within Water/Wastewater for our client in San Diego, CA.
This company is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. We are a Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
Serves as a technical specialist who provides engineering support by completing parts of major engineering projects or the entirety of less complex projects that assist in providing sustainable water resources systems. Discipline involves the application of fluid mechanics principles to problems dealing with the surface and subsurface drainage and hydrology, hydraulics, storm water quality, and regulations. Performs independent problem solving skills on projects.
* Project administration for small to mid-size projects from initial programming stages through construction administration.
* Support the development of construction plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates for water resources projects.
* Provide CAD drafting support and coordinate CAD detailing work with CAD designers.
* Prepare construction specifications and drawings for various water resources projects including urban drainage systems, stream restoration corridors, and water quality improvements.
* Analyze and model hydrology and hydraulic parameters in the application of FEMA floodplain mapping.
* Perform statistical analysis for hydrology and water quality studies.
* Prepare watershed planning and master plans.
* Work within defined scope, schedule and budget parameters.
* Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to.
* Communicate as appropriate to water resources project manager and project team concerning questions, concerns, progress and results.
* Water quality studies and BMP design including low impact development
* Coordinate with other disciplines and locations as necessary.
* Technical report writing.
* Assist with proposal writing, cost estimating, and client management as necessary.
* As directed, perform business development activities and maintenance of positive client relationships
* Ability to take direction and work independently as well as effectively collaborate with teams.
* Competence in standard Civil 3D, CAD and water resources software products.
* Communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Technical writing
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Knowledgeable of local, regional, state and federal policies, programs and procedures.
Education and Experience:
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil, environmental, or agricultural engineering with emphasis in Water Resources, Hydrology/Hydraulic engineering.
* Minimum three (3) years of progressive comprehensive water resources experience.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.