- Operates, maintains, controls and performs routine repair of plant equipment including preventive maintenance duties. Establishes, maintains, and controls flow through the water treatment process and into and within the distribution system.
- Maintains process control through the water treatment and wastewater processes including the establishment, maintenance, calibration and adjustment of chemical feed rates necessary to optimize the process operation.
- Monitors the water treatment plant and water distribution system and makes adjustments as necessary to control their operation. Maintains all necessary records.
- Performs water quality sampling, testing and analysis.
- Operates and maintains raw water facilities including reservoir supply, transmission and pumping facilities.
- Performs general maintenance duties at water treatment plant and related facilities and other assigned duties.
- Knowledge of water treatment processes, basic scientific concepts and water quality standards and regulation.
- Working knowledge of basic mechanical and automated control systems.
Experience / Education
- High School graduate or state recognized education equivalency certificate.
- College course work and/or degree in biology, chemistry, environmental science or engineering curriculum are desired.
- Continuing education as needed for Operator certification renewal.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.