Permanent role based in Cwmbran, competitive salary starting from £28,000 depending on experience in the Aerospace industry.
Our Client is looking for a Weights Engineer based in Cwmbran on a permanent basis. To monitor and control product weight within an Aerospace business.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
- To ensure current designs are interrogated for total mass properties according to project schedule.
- Support the engineering team to apply weight optimisation processes.
- To maintain ZSUK project weight tracking document to schedule.
- Understand CAD model/product structure criteria to ensure weights are correct.
- Review checklists and Detailed Design Specifications.
- Ensure mass calculation tools are robust and its use is enforced.
- Provide technical support and KPI's to support the business.
We are looking for:
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND or an equivalent qualification in an Engineering field.
- Understanding of Smarteam structure and procedures.
- Strong mechanical engineering skills ideally with an Aerospace background, or alternately from a field with transferable skills.
- Ideally you will need good 3D Catia V5 background.
- Experience of effective design and on time/cost delivery of projects
To find out more information regarding this role, please call the Manchester office on 016122710 or email Georgina on firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office