This is a contract position for climb certified, experienced wind technician with a focus in electrical and troubleshooting skills. Reconditioning, testing, and inspecting wind towers on industrial sites. You will be servicing up-tower generators, electrical components and systems.
* Onsite inspection, testing & reconditioning of electric motors & generators up to 13.2kV in wind towers and industrial sites.
* Install and remove electric motors and generators at customer locations.
* Service and repair virtually all up-tower wind generator electrical components, as well as advanced diagnostic testing of generators and electrical systems
* Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical, mechanical and hydraulic malfunctions, variable pitch, variable speed turbines.
* Perform mechanical repairs on other drive train components, as well as removal and replacement of generators, motors, gearboxes, rotor assemblies and blades.
* Install and remove electric motor & generators at customer locations.
* Conduct surge, insulation power factor, hipotential testing and dynamic motor testing.
* Perform alignment, precision balancing, calibration, scheduled cleaning and predictive and corrective maintenance services and repair.
* Collect vibration data and perform vibration analysis using an analyzer (i.e. CSI).
* May occasionally do component replacement on cranes and make bearing changes on gearboxes and generators
May periodically replace or repair breakers and hydraulic pitch systems.
Must have at least 5 years experience or an equivalent combination.
Must be phyisically able to climb 260-300 feet.
Strong benefits package and competitive compensation.
Applicants must have all applicable safety and climb certifications up to date. OSHA10, GWO, Lotto, First Aid & CPR, etc.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office