Position Summary: The Field Service Technician performs planned and unplanned maintenance including troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary in a safe and professional manner on Wind Turbines. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. Technicians report to site management and communicate needs and/or safety issues that arise. Perform first class work on preventive maintenances to be completed on time and right the first time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
- Provide excellent service to our customers
- Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices
- Actively work on wind power projects. Flexible travel schedule up to 100% travel
- Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records
- Flexibility to work outside planned hours, including nights and weekends as needed and on-call
- Work in varying temperature conditions, and adverse weather conditions
- Must have 1 year of Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related program paired with 6 months on a wind site
- Must have Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related training program paired with field experience on a wind site
- Must have a minimum of 2 months training within the iron and metal industry or electrical field
- Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
- Climb Wind towers (up to 300 feet) multiple times and at times without climbing aids or lifts
- Willing to travel up to 100%
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position.
- Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening.
- Must have most of these trainings
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education:
- Additional Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
- Hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site
- Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive setting. Composite inspection and/or repair experience desired.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.